Sunday, September 22, 2013

Her impact...

I can't believe that after 3 tries and six years...I'm finally a mother. I wouldn't trade my journey for anything because it has made me who I am today. Yes, I would love it if I would have my other children but I feel that I am such a better mother for my struggle. I appreciate the smaller things in life. I appreciate his little giggle and laugh. I appreciate his little personality. I appreciate the way his brow furrows when he is trying to figure something out. I love the way his smile becomes so big when he sees us. I love how he wakes up so happy and goes to bed in the exact same mood. I love that he sleeps just like me. I love how he watches his cartoons glued to the screen like his daddy. I love how he enjoys life-the life I have been blessed to give him.

I miss my baby girl all in the same breath. I still have the dress her grandmother bought her on vacation. I have a little box with all of her belongings and pictures. I have her memory tucked in my heart but I refuse to stop at that.
 
I participate in the March of Dimes walk every year. I have become involved in that organization. I would like to become involved on a larger level by being able to talk to the other families experiencing a struggle. I have such large dreams for helping my baby's memory live on.

I want to start a support group for mothers who have lost children.
I want to be a spokesperson for loss.
I want to be a counselor for women who have experienced this grief.

I want to pay it forward.

1 comment:

  1. I am very moved by your blog. I am so very proud to know you and your beautiful family. I look forward to seeing the things God has in store for you. Emmie may have never had a voice, but she does now...YOU and you are doing amazing things! <3

    ReplyDelete