Sunday, September 22, 2013

A Boy fell in love with a girl...

I worked at a local grocery store. There were a numerous amount of changes that were taking place and, as a result, I was placed on third shift. This was not my job but I was filling in until they could find a replacement. Finally, someone was willing to take the job. Enter the boy. He started training with me and I was showing him how the job was to be done. Of course, we had to spend a lot of time together. At the end of the training period, he asked me to breakfast. I had politely turned him down. Now, let's rewind a little bit. During the training period, he had gone on and on about this girl who broke his heart and how much he thought he liked her. He even asked me to read a letter he wrote to her. On a side note, I don't receive any letter, just pointing that out. Now, back to the breakfast. I told him that I didn't think this was a good idea and I refused to ever be somebody's second choice. Take that! Well, Justin wasn't one to give up. He has always been persistent. So, we continued to talk over the next couple of months and we were always friendly. So, with time, I wore down and agreed to go out on a date with him. May 20, 2006, we went out on our first date. We dated for several months and our love grew. In December, we were engaged. It was hard to date someone when you worked opposite shifts but we made it work. We were married on May 12, 2007.

 

I love him more today then that perfect Spring day. We have been through so much together. Our journey is one that would tear people apart. However, we have managed to grow together and to be better people despite our journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment