Sunday, September 22, 2013

....all because the boy fell in love with the girl...

I knew that our life would never be the same after losing Emmie. I vowed to do something about it. I wanted to somehow let her live on in a way. I didn't want to just "forget" her and move on. I have a small pendant that I wear close to my heart everyday.

My heart was still broken but we still felt empty. We so badly wanted to be parents but we just didn't understand why this kept happening. So, in October of 2010, you can imagine our nervousness to learn that we were going to be both homeowners and potentially parents!!

We had bought a house and decided that we were just going to keep moving forward in our lives and deal with what we were dealt. It was a mix of emotions when my husband looked at the little stick and said we were pregnant. I remember telling him that there was no way he was telling me the truth. I called the doctor the next day and we began another long journey...

At six weeks we were told this was a viable pregnancy.
At eight weeks we heard the heartbeat.
At 12 weeks, I underwent a cerclage surgery when it was determined that I had an incompetent cervix and this was why I lost Emmalyn.
At 20 weeks, I learned this baby would be a boy.
At 24 weeks, I stopped holding my breath.
I was on bedrest for most of my pregnancy as another preventative measure.

At 39 weeks on June 3, 2011, almost one year to the date of losing our baby girl, a perfectly healthy baby boy entered our life. I have been in love with 2 men ever since...

1 comment:

  1. Your story give me hope that maybe one day I will be able to have a healthy child. I have only been able to be pregnant once and only carried to 11 weeks. I have not been able to get pregnant since. It's been almost 10 years since we have started trying and nothing yet. I have faith that there is a reason for no baby. I am hoping that God will bless us with a child of our own, I won't be selfish, I just want at least one healthy child.

    ReplyDelete